Monday 28 May 2012

The Bridges of Madison County

Do you remember the movie Kursty?  I think I still have the novel.  Do you remember the one in Lucerne?

While we were driving to Vermont we saw this in the distance.  So on the way back I had to stop off and see it.  The bridge is no longer in use but you get to it just off the highway.  By the tracks in the mud (and I am sure John was worried about getting stuck in the Dodge Caravan - BTW I am a huge fan of this car, who would have thought we like minivans! )




According to Wikipedia the reason they are covered is to protect the structure and thus extend the working life of the bridge.

I think they look beautiful and now want to drive all over the USA taking photos of them. 


As I turned around to get back into the car, I realised that I was surrounded by dandylions, massive ones.....hows that, to be standing in a field of dreams and wishes. 


There was even a covered walking bridge in town.  I have to go back to Vermont.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I remember the movie and the novel...I still cry uncontrollably when I watch it now!

    ReplyDelete