Thursday 12 April 2012

Travelling Internationally with Kids


This post has been a long time coming, it kind of got forgotten about.  We didn't get to take a lot of photos of the trip over but remembered on the flight from Vancouver to Montreal.  Its a just shy of five hour flight.  Somewhere there is a video of us starting out. 


Little kids in big seats.  They can get use to this style of travel. 
They look pretty fresh and relaxed don't they?  Given we'd just done SYD-YVR and that's 15hrs plus a stint in the lounge, I was pretty impressed with my little guys.


See what sort of photos you get of the rocky Mountains in BC when the five year old takes them. 
We later worked out he couldn't see out the window properly and knew he wasn't allowed to stand on his seat!


By the time I worked it out and took over duties, we'd missed the Rockies but the snow covered plains were pretty impressive as well.


This is what happens when you watch the Smurfs five times coming over!  She slept the whole trip.


Hey Air Canada - you did well, he liked his meal!


Just being silly for Mums photos.


Now you are being really silly and I'll put the camera down!

 
All in all, I was pretty proud of my little crew, they did well.  While it was nice to get some positive feedback, I think I was happy enough to have survived the trip without any major meltdowns or disasters, so the rest was just icing on the cake.

One last piece of advice, if a kid says they feel sick, do not respond with "No you don't", that just wastes time, find a sick bag fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment