Friday 23 March 2012

It's been...

I'll be honest, cause lets face it there is no point not.  It's been tough, how tough, bloody tough.  I really didn't think it was going to be this difficult.  But lets face it, moving your whole family half way around the world isn't a small thing and when you are a small person, its a really BIG thing.  I knew the kids would find it hard to start off, just as the grown ups would but I really thought that once they started school, things would quickly settle down and we would be enjoying this opportunity. 

The kids have struggled with moving, particularly Rhys.  Its been a lot of things, moving away from home, missing friends and teachers, space and being able to go outside, winter, jackets, snow pants etc.  He has done it tough and at times I wondered if it would be better to just tuck my little chickens under my arm and go home.  I wondered what had happened to my little boy and what had I done to him.

Well it took a little longer than I expected but I think we have turned the corner and the kids are enjoying their new life.  Rhys is like a spring flower and blooming.  Each afternoon when they get off the bus I can see he has had a great day.  He even seems taller!  The early Spring probably  has a lot to do with it, a bit of sunshine and a play in the park every afternoon.  Bella bounces over to greet them as they get off the school bus, as they babble excitedly about what they each did, asking each other about their days, it's a good thing.

As a lady in my new favourite store told me, the other day "You are only as happy as your most miserable child.", it resonated deep within me.  Today I am happy.

So kids, Mum is sorry but trust me things are getting better, we will go home and you will enjoy this.  Trust me, I am your mum.

4 comments:

  1. Yah!! I'm so happy that Rhys is now enjoying it over there - welcome back the Rhys we all love and knew was there (just like at Disneyland how he had to watch the caterpillar ride about a dozen times before he got on it and then we couldn't get him off!!). Now you can all start to enjoy the wonderful experience you get to have and all the places you get to go to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, onwards and upwards.. Or should that be to infinity and beyond!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I've found your blog on Deb's SYL FB and I thought I'd drop by and say howdy. Moves are never easy and it is great that you acknowledge how hard it is vor the family. Just think in a few years time you will all look back at this wonderfull time and the fantastic memories you are making. have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We knew it wouldn't happen overnight but you all would get to a good place. So happy for you that now the wonderful adventures begin....Love from Gran

    ReplyDelete